We are looking for an experienced developer who’s a talented problem solver and passionate technologist.
We look for candidates who are not only excellent at coding, but also good at collaborating, comfortable in cross-functional teams and able to provide well-founded solutions.
You will be able to work in a variety of client settings and platforms, but we work primarily in PHP and Python.
We value talent over titles and if what we have described has peaked your interest, keep reading.
Enilon is a digital agency located in Fort Worth, TX and founded in 2005, which provides digital marketing, strategy, design and development to a wide variety of clients ranging from non-profits and start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. We take our work seriously and want to build really cool digital experiences that perform at the highest levels for our clients. But we also have a lot of fun and care about your life outside of the office. If you want to work with a small team of intelligent people that care about the work we’re doing and each other, here we are.
How We Work
Freedom and flexibility. All of us work wherever we’d like—reliable internet access is our only requirement. We sign into Slack and communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take ownership of our work.
You are a creative problem solver. You love creating, and being able to take pride and ownership over your projects. No problem is beyond your creative solutions.
You are an effective communicator and collaborator. You love working with a team. You will have no problem communicating with the Director of Studio, project managers, and front-end developers in our team environment.
You’re always learning. You have a passion for learning new things and sharing what you know. You’re honest about what you don’t know and aren’t afraid to ask for direction when you get stuck on something.
- A minimum of 5 Years of Web Development and Programming Experience with the range of application layers: business logic, database setup and access, UI programming
- Experience with developing sites using PHP and Python.
- Solid grasp of Object Oriented Programming and design patterns, including Model View Controller.
- A working knowledge of MVC frameworks such as Rails, Django, ASP.NET MVC, CodeIgnitor, etc.
- Experience setting up, programming against, and developing modules for content management systems such as Drupal, WordPress, Concrete5, Sitefinity, etc.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Hands on experience with Linux and/or Mac command line: including SSH, terminal, apt-get, rsync and permissions
- Ability to configure development environments for Windows, Linux, and Mac-get Apache, NGINX, PHP, Python and MySQL running
- Experience with setting up websites, redirects, virtual hosts, etc. under Apache and NGINX
- Understanding of database design, SQL code with MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle
- Proficiency with distributed version control, strategies for branching and merging, tagging, reverting, handling merge conflicts; experience with github or bitbucket
You get bonus points for:
- Agency experience
- Project Management or Business Analyst experience
- Production experience with WordPress and Shopify
- Cloud hosting, especially with WP Engine
- Development using Microsoft .NET: ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, Entity Framework, NHibernate, IIS
- Mobile development: web based, native iPhone or Android, PhoneGap or Titanium